Tripar’s new line of IC boxes is made of black steel, pre-painted on both sides, in the same .027” min thickness to comply with UL1598. They offer versatility for a variety of applications and challenges, with advantages including:
- Increased heat dissipation: Black color absorbs heat more readily.
- Visual absorption: The inside of I.C. box becomes almost invisible – especially important for large and/or multi-lamp cutouts.
- Pre-painted steel: More cost-effective than post painting.
- Pre-painted steel: Leaves holes with bare metal, ensuring electrical continuity through metal fasteners, both screws and rivets.
- Increased inside height: Utilizes the new single ceiling design of Tripar new #168X Series I.C.Boxes, offering an additional ½” inside height.
- Aesthetics: They convey quality and look great.
The Black IC Boxes are offered in the same sizes as Tripar’s current line of galvanized Chicago Plenum, as well as our Ultra Airtight I.C. Boxes, with black caulking to seal the joints instead of the standard white. Tripar stocks the black material in both coil and sheet, so custom sizes are also possible.